Saturday, September 3, 2011

And here's to you

Hello!

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!

So I just finished my first week of classes for sophomore year! This week felt incredibly long like each day itself was a week. My classes are bound to be challenging but they are not going to be as bad as I feared on the first day of each. My classes are definitely going to be interesting. I hope this semester goes well.

Washington DC has recovered from it's ridiculous weather problems of last week and hopefully that tornado watch does not go into effect. I'd rather not feel like I'm living in Kansas.

Fall shows are coming up and some of best friends here at Catholic got cast in Tartuffe! Sammi Smedley is play Mariane (first 2014 girl to be cast in a mainstage!), Brenden McMahon is the police officer, and Amy Horan is Filpote. I am incredibly happy for them and am hoping I can finish my tech hours my doing costume crew on that show.

My dorm this year is super nice. I'm living in Opus Hall which was built in 2008 and is the environmentally friendly building on campus. I have a single in a suite of five girls and the room itself is accualty pretty big. My roommates are all really nice and chill and similar to me so I don't have to worry about any differing ideas like last year. I'll post pictures/ take them when I get my new posters to put up.

Today, I'm going down to the Kennedy Center for Page to Stage which is an event involving new playwrights and such. Two of our playwrights are doing readings so I'm heading down their today to hear their shows and support the people reading them. I'm excited.

Well here's to a good semester!

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment