Sunday, October 2, 2011

Some things, well, I can't refuse

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Things come up and life goes on.

October has settled in DC really quickly with some nice ice-cold rain and temperatures. But I love it because at least it's not exceptionally humid like it had been. I'm chilling in my bed right now because it is so wonderfully comfortable.

Interesting things have been going on at Catholic. Early Friday morning at 1:30, the campus was put on lockdown because there had been sightings of a man with a gun who turned out to be a cop. It made for an interesting and rather chaotic night. Then I participated in a one-act reading for one of the MFA playwrights which was a great experience.

And then yesterday, I experienced a wonderful thing. Martin Sheen came to campus and talked about his new movie called The Way. I loved him in The Departed and was super excited to hear him talk. He is extremely charismatic (because he's an actor) and very religious and had a lot of interesting things to say about activism and how he picked the name Martin Sheen. At one point, I was about five feet away from him. It was awesome. On a side note, he is very short.

Now the stress of all my classes is kind of caving in one me but I am managing to wade through it all. My topics paper is going to be the death of me because it is a semester long thing that involves proposals and drafts and is ten pages. Fun. But I'll get through it.

I'm also on costume crew for Tartuffe. A year ago, I was doing the same thing! But now I know the whole process and I am very excited to do it. I'm almost done with my hours and heres hoping that I will knock them out of the way with this crew. If you live in the DC area, come and see the show. It will be amazing and starts on October 13th.

Now I'm going to make myself a cup of tea and enjoy the wonderful music on my itunes. The Rolling Stones and The Beatles have become the music that makes me most happy.

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment