Saturday, January 21, 2012

My persuasion can build a nation

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't posted in forever. The first few weeks of the semester are always really chaotic especially because I'm doing Seven right now, which opens in two weeks. Everyone in the Capital Beltway area should come and see it because it really is an important show for people to see.

It was created by an organization called Vital Voices which helps women around the world try to create equality. Seven is about seven women from around the world who are major figures in women's rights (Hilary Rodham Clinton is in-cahoots with a lot of them). This play tells all of their stories and helps get the message out about how important these women are and how women's rights are also incredibly important.

It's an incredible play. Everyone should see it. And the cast isn't half bad.

Anyway, this is going to be an interesting semester academically because I have some interesting classes as well as professors.

My math class (which is basically created for those of us who can't do any form of math) is taught by an older German man who has a very strong accent who will sometimes direct his lecture at the door jam that he fidgets with. Way to make math even harder for me.

My Contemporary Moral Issues class is taught by an eighty-year-old nun who totters around the room and rambles about all the people she has met throughout her time as a nun. I'm worried that she could be very biased in her ideas but then again she has told us this won't be a religion class.

Anyway, I'm working on applications right now for a summer internship and my study aboard I want to do (which is stressing me out a little).

I also made Dean's List for last semester which makes me very happy!

And it snowed last night and it stuck!!! But now it's all icy which annoys me because of my lack of a good inner ear.

I hope everyone's January is going well because mine is!!!

Bye-Bye!

PS: Beyonce's "Run the World" is the perfect song for Seven

No comments:

Post a Comment