Sunday, April 8, 2012

Kick off your Sunday shoes

Happy Easter all of my readers!

I hope you are having as good of time as I am.

So here's an update on all of the great stuff I've done throughout my break.

On Friday, I had a reservation at a restaurant called Founding Farmers which serves organic American style food. It was unbelievable. I had the Farmer's salad and butternut squash ravioli which just rocked my world. So much better then dorm food.

Then as I was on the Metro on my way to Chinatown, I overheard one of the stranger conversations in my life. This lady was talking about her "non-sexual boyfriend" named Shoe and her friend named Bird. I have never heard anyone with those names before.

Then I wondered around Chinatown down to the Mall and the weather was beautiful, but a little windy. Then I went to the Washington Monument which was actually my first time being down there. This old lady had me take a picture of her in front of the monument.

Friday night was my first time having the dorm to myself and I watched the movie Nowhere Boy about the story of John Lennon before the creation of the Beatles. It was quite a beautiful movie and I am not even a huge Lennon fan. Then the greatest thing occurred, Mean Girls was on TV.

Saturday I went to the matinee performance of Eugene O'Neill's Strange Interludes at Shakespeare Theatre Company. It was an amazing show. The best part was that I had paid twenty bucks for a bad seat up on the mezzanine but when I got there, they told me that they were giving me a better seat. I ended up eight rows back from the center in the Orchestra. I was so excited. It was a long play and had been cut down from seven hours to four hours. It reminded me of Downton Abbey a little bit. I would recommend anyone go see it.

That night, I watched Dirty Dancing and got so excited singing "I've Had the Time of my Life" that I decided to listen to the original song from Footloose. I've never danced so manically and it was 1:15 in the morning.

Today I celebrated Easter by going to the museums again, like last year, and then got a great meal at District of Pi which serves awesome pizza. I was very my vintage 1950s dress and people kept staring at me which was a little uncomfortable but great. Now I am just chilling in my room and I have tomorrow off.

I hope every has a great day.

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment