Saturday, October 30, 2010

Insane in the membrane

Today was the day where I realized how much I love living in Washington DC. As many of you (probably) know, today was the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Keep Fear Alive. It was run by Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and was really meant to be a rally to ridicule all other rallies. I decided to go to the rally just because of the sheer strangeness of it.

The day started out with a bang. The Metros were completely jam-packed, so much so that you couldn't even move your feet. It was fun though because the people that I was stuck around were all mellow and were just enjoy the hilarity of the whole thing.

We arrived at Union Station and made our way to the rally, which was also an insane crowd of people walking around with ridiculous signs about everything.
My friends and I managed to get up to one of the barricades on Constitution Avenue and could see part of the screens they had set up and could hear parts of it. It didn't matter that we couldn't see the stage, the best part was just being there.

The rally ended at three and it was like the whole world was attempting to leave.
We ended up getting back to CUA at six after the still-crowded Metros decided to act insane on our way back.

Now it's onto Halloween Weekend, which should be entertaining. I hope everyone has a great Halloween!

Bye-Bye!

P.S: My mother visited me this week and it was really nice to see her. We started a new rule that we must see each other every two months, nothing longer then that.

No comments:

Post a Comment