Friday, October 22, 2010

Pack up all my care and woe

So right now, I have become completely obsessed with the new HBO show Boardwalk Empire. It's a show about Atlantic City starting on the first night of Prohibition and talks about the gangs/ politics (because they are basically interchangeable at this point) of the time. The reason why I wanted to start watching this show was for two reasons: I love historical anything and the pilot was directed by Martin Scorsese, who is also the executive producer.

Part of the reason the show is so good is that it is on HBO which basically means that the writers and director can do what they want with the show. Half of the subject material wouldn't work anywhere else and therefore the show would be bad.

The show is already crazy and it's only been five episodes. I was more excited by the end of the last episode of this show then I was about the Mad Men season finale (which was still a good cliff-hanger like they always are). I literally re-watched the last scene of Boardwalk Empire at least twenty times because I was so happy about it.

The actors are all amazing but the best are, obliviously, Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson and Kelly MacDonald as Margaret Schroeder. Whenever they have scenes together, it's incredible.

The soundtrack is another great part of the show. It's a mix of contemporary music and period which is a nice mix. Let's just say, I've been humming a lot of it while organizing the prompt script archives at work (well, also Neil Young and Piano Man)

In my life, Tech is over and Freshmen Showcase has finally arrived. I will not be sad when that is over. My mother is coming out to DC next Tuesday so I will get to see her soon!

The weather is perfect here and it's Friday, what could be better then that?!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Bye-Bye!

P.S: The post title comes from the 1920s song Bye, Bye Blackbird. I thought it was fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment