Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting

Spring Break is officially over and I've been back in the District for about two hours now. I'm running on no sleep and am attempting to be productive which is being done half-heartily. I really wish break had been longer because I was just settling into being back home and not doing work. But my summer is in eight weeks so I don't have too much to complain about. I'm guessing most of my upset self is coming from a lack of sleep.

On a good note, as I sat in the shuttle from the airport today, I heard on the radio that today is the last Sunday of Winter which made me so happy that I started packing away my winter things right when I got back to my dorm. Time to get the flip-flops back out! The Weather back home spoiled me because it was so nice. I even went swimming on Wednesday at Indian Springs which is an amazing spa in Napa. Needless to say, I am ready for the warm weather of Spring which is soon to come.

I also saw a show at my high school over Spring Break and nothing made me feel better then when people would run up to me in excitement that I was there. I caught up on all the gossip (mainly consisting of who got into what colleges) but I also learned about CTE's trip to London which I did last year. They are going to be seeing many plays but the one that makes me most jealous is The Children's Hour with Kiara Knightly and Elizabeth Moss (Peggy Olson on Mad Men). Talk about a trifecta of amazing! I'm tempted to skip class and fly over to London to see it with them. Instead I will watch every season of Mad Men to make up for it.

While waiting for my flight back to Oakland last week, I bought a book to pass the time called Frank: The Voice. It discusses the life of Frank Sinatra from the beginning of his life until his Oscar win for From Here to Eternity in 1954. It's very interesting and only furthers my love of Sinatra and his pure genius. The best part of Spring Break was that I got so much reading done and for Lent I decided that I would read for myself ten minutes each day, as well as giving up french fries.

My break basically ended with a tsunami warning for the whole West Coast because of the terrible Earthquake/ Tsunami in Japan. This is the one and only time I will be Catholic on this blog but if you are religious, please pray for the people of Sendai. Thanks.

I have homework to do today such as a nasty Spanish composition and I really do not want to do it. Ahh well, Spring Break is over. I best be off to write that composition. I hope everyone enjoys their last few days of Winter and gets ready for the upcoming Spring!

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment