Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?

So I put briefly in my "About Me" section that I was an avid lover of literature. Reading has always been something that has been a big part of my life since I read my first chapter book: Charlotte's Web. It took me about three months to read it and I remember being so proud because I was in the more "advanced" reading group (I was in first grade). Since then I've been devouring books like there's no tomorrow and have a long list of books that I want to read. Here it is:

-The Kite Runner- Khaled Hosseini
-Les Misérables- Victor Hugo
-The Virgin’s Lover- Philippa Gregory
-Wideacre (I'm reading it right now, it's horrifying)- Philippa Gregory
-The Favored Child- Philippa Gregory
-Meridon- Philippa Gregory
-The Phantom of the Opera- Gaston Leroux
-Sweeney Todd penny papers
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame- Victor Hugo
-Emma- Jane Austen
-This Side of Paradise- F. Scott Fitzgerald
-The Other Queen- Philippa Gregory
-The Scarlet Pimpernel- Baroness Emmuska Orczy
-The Count of Monte Cristo- Alexandre Dumas père
-Twenty Years After- Alexandre Dumas père
-Wuthering Heights- Emily Bronte
-Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
-Animal Farm- George Orwell
-Anna Karenina- Leo Tolstoy
-The Scarlet Letter- Nathaniel Hawthorne
-Atonement- Ian McEwan
-Madame Bovary- Gustave Flaubert
-The Poisonwood Bible- Barbara Kingsolver
-Great Expectations- Charles Dickens
-Through a Glass Darkly- Karleen Koen
-Now Face to Face- Karleen Koen
-Dark Angels- Karleen Koen
-Forever Amber- Kathleen Winsor
-Lady Chatterley’s Lover- D. H. Lawrence
-The Man in the Iron Mask- Alexandre Dumas père
-Les Liaisons Dangereuses- Pierre-Ambrois-Francois Choderlos de Laclos
-One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest- Ken Kesey
-Bleak House- Charles Dickens
-Clarissa: Or the History of a Young Lady- Samuel Richardson
-Pamela: Or Virtue Rewarded- Samuel Richardson
-Candide- Voltaire
-Moll Flanders- Daniel Defoe
-The Dress Lodger- Sheri Holman
-The Wild Rose- Jennifer Donnelly
-Antonio’s Wife- Jacqueline Dejohn
-The Last Crossing- Guy Vanderhaeghe
-Little Dorrit- Charles Dickens

Extremely long, now isn't it?

Many of these books, about six or seven, are patiently waiting on my shelf to be read so I'm well on my way to make a dent on this by 2011.
Now to explain, I don't want to be a writer (well, not really). I've written a One Act but I hardly consider myself a playwright now.

Anyway, any thoughts on the list? Loved one, hated one? Tell me about it, I'd like to know.

Bye-Bye!

Read the Printed Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment