Sunday, July 25, 2010

Time may change me but I can't change time

So today is July 25th. To many of you, that means absolutely nothing. But to me, it's an important date.
A month from today, I'm going to be getting on a plane and flying back to Washington DC to open a new chapter is my life: College.

I'm a mix of emotions at this point. I'm not quite ready to leave Mill Valley considering I feel like I FINALLY settled in. Having moved around a lot while in elementary school, living someplace for seven years is a very long time. I finally know all there is to know about my small town and know a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, I'm also quite excited to go but I feel like I need closure before I leave.

One of the main things that is making me reluctant to go is leaving my friends. I'm going to miss them terribly and hate the feeling of not knowing anyone. Luckily, CUA is a small school so knowing people will become easier.

Moving around has made me lucky in one regard, I've learned that there will always be people that I can become good friends with. I believe the term "BFF" is so overrated and completely impossible because you have many best friends over your life. Also, people I've claimed to be my "BFF" can fade out of your life pretty quick. Trust me, I had that happen a lot within the last year. It hurts to lose friends but that's why you have more then one really good friend.

So as the clock ticks down the time until I leave, I'm just going to savor everything Mill Valley offers. Things like the entertainment I experience everyday at my job at Timeless Treasures, Mill Valley Market sandwiches, the eccentric people that live here, and my friends (some of which I have some topics that need closure).

And Hey, it's not like I'm dying! I'll see Mill Valley and friends three months later and we'll be back to our old behaviors with one another pretty quick.

I hope I didn't bore you with my rant. Thanks

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment