Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I still recall the thrill, I guess I always will



Somebody once told me that my singing voice sounded like Judy Garland. I had to resist hugging them and starting to cry and/or cheer because that is the biggest compliment I have ever received. Plus, I was singing a Garland song: "Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart"(which is what the title of this post came from).To make a long story short, I love Judy Garland.

I'm far from being a normal 18 year old. The celebrities I most want to meet all died sometime in the '90s because their hey-day was from about 1940-1960. All my favorite musicians are from that time as well. Elvis, Bobby Darin, and Jerry Lee Lewis are just a few of my favorites. Here are some others:



Talk about an amazing movie. Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Louis Armstrong are my absolute favorites. I have more Sinatra songs on my itunes then anything from the year 2000 onwards. My infatuation started around Freshmen year and has turned into almost an obsession. I was always afraid that people would make fun of me for it, but I've yet to encounter anyone because most people agree with me that Sinatra is amazing.

Grace Kelly is also an amazing actress who I idolize. When I was in London, they had an exhibit at the Victoria and Albert which was all of Grace Kelly's clothes from her movies and her time as a princess. I went back to the museum four times and finally got in on the fourth attempt. It was well worth the effort. She had such gorgeous clothes.



Gene Kelly makes me want to cry. His dancing is so beautiful and elegant and just incredible. Since about fourth grade, after seeing Singin' In the Rain , I had wanted to take tap and learn to be just as amazing as Gene Kelly. I just started learning so the dream is not too far out of reach!

And last, but not least, the most graceful actress and the most humble:



Just wanted to share with you things that are important to me. Thanks!

Bye-Bye!

P.S: I just finished reading Thackeray's famous satire Vanity Fair and if you consider yourself to be literary, I would jump on reading it. It gives interesting insight into the time that he is writing about and into the time which Thackeray is writing in.

No comments:

Post a Comment