Friday, August 6, 2010

No H8

I forgot to put this in my last post but I think that this topic deserved a whole new post because it's so important.

Prop 8, California's ban on gay marriage, has been revoked! I'm incredibly happy about this because gay marriage is an issue that I was willing to fight to the death about. I believe that banning gay marriage is moving backward in history. It seems to show that America was almost forgetting about the not-so-long-ago Jim Crow laws and the Civil Rights Movement, as well as the Stonewall riots.

I have a good friend who came out this year and it would have killed me to think that he and his boyfriend, if they wanted to, wouldn't have been able to get married even though they were just as much in love as say, John and Sue, who could get married.

Well not anymore!

Sadly, Prop 8 could come back into existence but for now, California celebrates equality! Yeah!!!

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment