Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hold me close and hold me fast

Hey everyone!

Another beautiful day in DC!

I was figuring that I would be quite tired today because I was tossing and turning last night. It was just one of those nights when you think too much. In my case, it was about how I know a few people who fall under the Don Draper/ Dick Whitman problem. The type of people that you would find out they are someone completely different then they said. It was very unsettling and kept me from sleeping.

I tried to go vintage dress shopping but the place I went, which I had been really excited about, was a huge disappointment. It made me sad. I remedied that by wandering around Chinatown again and getting frozen yogurt.

Today seemed to be the day of random strangers talking to me. One guy on the Metro asked me if I had ever been stereotyped for having red hair because the NFL just hired their first red-headed quarterback. Then when I was waiting to cross the street, a guy stated that he would have to wait with me and when the light changed and we began to cross, he gave me a blessing and that was that. Then when I was getting frozen yogurt, a women and I got in a conversation about how good it was. It was an interesting day.

The weather is supposed to be amazing tomorrow so hopefully I can get down to the Mall.

Now onto the Music Challenge!

Day 27- a song you wish you could play

Ever since I was young, I've had this strange desire to play the trumpet. I'm not really sure why, I just do. Maybe it was because I loved Jazz and the trumpet always seemed to be featured. Anyway, this is a song I would love to be able to play on the trumpet. It's on my bucket list of things to do. Anyway, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbcMuhlNiA

The Bells of the Basilica are going crazy right now because of Easter Vigil and it is amazing. Enjoy this wonderful song and Happy Easter!

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment