Saturday, April 30, 2011

I'll be seeing you in all the old familar places

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was the Last day of classes!!!!

Catholic has a huge event of the last day every year known as Luaupalooza which is basically a giant celebration that everyone finished classes. There were a few carnival rides and entertainment up the wazoo. The more ridiculous entertainment was the Jimmy Buffet cover band, Sons of Pirates. But I guess the Hawaii theme supported them being there.

The big part of the event was the shirt they gave out at the start. People started lining up at 2 pm to be the first to receive their shirts at 5 pm. I wasn't quite as ridiculous and got there at 3:30. Yeah, that still is early.

And at the end of the event, they had fireworks for us. They were quite amazing but I wondered what everyone not at Catholic thought they were for because it is really random to have fireworks on April 29th. Even still it was a great ending to a great day.

I am basically no longer a Freshmen other then the fact that I have finals this week, which is some kind of strange limbo because it really isn't school. And then I'm home a week from Monday.

It's so exciting! Time went so quickly that now I'm here while parts of me are still back in the beginning of the year and the start of second semester. I have so many memories from this year. It's so strange that a year ago today, I had no idea who any of these people were and was still completely upset about not getting into any of the schools I auditioned for. A year later, I know and love a lot of the people here at Catholic and have finally come to terms with the fact that I am not a failure. I will definitely miss this place over the summer.

Oh and my job yesterday at work was to find a classic comedy with a lot of women. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack the size of Texas. Next to impossible. But I found four shows that have the right numbers. Yeah! This is me saying that now I'm even helping to find shows for our next season.

And now I just have to get down to studying and finishing up my theology paper. At least I have until Thursday to do that. My first final is my easiest, my acting final. We are just going to do our scenes we have been working on all semester. And then the tests come. Oh goody.

But then I go home. Yeah!

Everyone enjoy life and I will most likely write again when I am done with finals.

Bye-Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment